Cameron Couto DBA Nine Islands Animation Studio.
I am a 3D Character Animator and Motion Capture Editor based in Massachusetts. I possess a ton of experience working on different video game projects animating a variety of characters. I have worked on several genres, including educational, FPS, virtual worlds, and MMORPGs.
Here's what some of my clients have said about working with me:
"Cameron is easy to work with and is always willing to collaborate to make changes or work through implementation issues. Responsive and thorough, I recommend Cameron for any animation work you need done."
- Knight Bear Studios
"He was very responsive, took the jobs seriously, and got all the work done in a timely fashion up to our standards. I highly recommend Cameron."
- Paragon Dance Animations
"He is a true professional and a wonderful individual to work with. I would recommend Cameron to anyone looking for a talented animator."
- ARSOME Technology
"Cameron does excellent work and is very professional. He gives regular updates on his progress and always delivers on time."
I have provided my services to the following titles: Parabellum: Artifacts of War, Mystic's Animal Heroes, Second Life, Goody Animal Sounds, and Goody Balloon Pop.
Feel free to check out my work and reach out to me if you have a project in mind. I can't wait to work with you!
3D Character Animator for upcoming FPS title Parabellum: Artifacts of War.
• Assisted the Creative Director on their FPS title through frequent check-ins, testing 3D animations in Unreal Engine, and discussing burndown lists for improvements as needed
• Conducted brainstorming sessions to discuss the scope and vision of new animations for best planning and implementation techniques
• Located references and assessed in SyncSketch to use as a base for 3D animation block-outs
• Created cycling and reload animations for two weapons in Maya
• Handled animations from the planning phase to the polishing phase within budget and time constraints
• Exposed new rigging techniques using locators and constraints that improved workflow
• Discovered a better exporting method to ensure animations worked correctly when imported into Unreal Engine
Motion Capture Editor for Second Life.
• Attached mocap data, provided by the Motion Capture Technician, to Second Life’s 3D character rig using Maya’s Human IK system
• Polished all mesh deformities using Maya’s Graph Editor, Anim Layers, Animbot, and Human IK control rig and made refinements as requested
• Added finger animations through Studio Library referring to a video source in SyncSketch
• Created seamless loops for all animations by splitting and merging clips in the Time Editor
• Submitted files with playblasts to QC for critiques
• Mirrored animations using MyAniMATE’s mirroring tool
• Occasionally assisted other animators on their assignments
• Received positive animation reviews from users on Second Life’s marketplace
3D Character Animator for AR learning app Mystic's Animal Heroes.
• Collaborated with the CIO of ARSOME Technology
• Conducted initial meetings for each project to discuss scope and vision
• Instructed CIO on what I needed in terms of models and rigs to complete the project
• Broke down references provided by CIO and studied them in SyncSketch
• Animated 4 animal characters with 5-10 diverse animations each
• Animated characters in sync with sounds that I imported into Maya’s Trax Editor
• Sent playblasts to CIO for critiques and made changes as needed
• Imported animations into Unity and used the Animator Controller and Animation States for testing before final implementation